We are Josephine & David and
we are driving all over the world.
At the moment we travel with our
Land Rover Defender from Europe to Southeast Asia.
We drive, you follow!
Did you know?
🇱🇰 – Displaying a tattoo of Buddha can get you arrested or even deported out of Sri Lanka! Luckily we don’t have Buddha tattoos…
🇱🇰 – The small surface area of Sri Lanka encompasses as many as eight UNESCO world heritage sites! Unfortunately the hefty entrance fees make visiting all a bit more difficult…
– Although the Islamic state of Pakistan is the 6th biggest country in the world population wise, more muslims were counted living in India (17,62,00,000) than in Pakistan (16,74,10,000) in a 2010 census.
– In the Netherlands the budget for the army is about 1.2% of the GDP. Pakistan’s military expenditures, however, represented 25–29 percent of the GDP!
– Did you know that China and Pakistan are working closely together? Check out the China-Pakistan Sea Pact. Some believe it will change Pakistan’s destiny…
– Tehran has crazy traffic and the city is one of the 10 cities with the worst air pollution in the world. Because of this, there is a law of “every other day” for Tehranis who want to drive their car. According to the last number on their car license plate, they can either drive their car on “odd days” or “even days”.
– Although Turkey has probably bigger things to talk about now, Erdogan is planning to dig a second maritime link between the Black and Marmara Seas, similar to the Panama Canal!
We drove away from Multan, the city of shrines and mosques, to go to the capital of Pakistan, Islamabad. We were in Pakistan for over a week now, but still had to adapt to the hectic traffic and we were happy once we had reached the new motorway. Here we even found a Total gas station where we were able to get a cup of coffee. Admittedly, it was instant coffee from a machine, but it was the first cup of coffee at a service station since we had left Europe. Good enough.read more
Josephine and I were camping at a beautiful dam, where the crocodiles were chilling on the rocks in and the leopards were hiding in the shade on the hills around us. Flamingos were gathering in the water, some farmers were working at their land and some animal lovers came by to take photos of this spectacular wildlife. One of them was Dr. Dilip Arora.read more
Traffic in India is crazy. Roads in Pakistan are terrible. In Iran we can not read the road signs. The toll is way too expensive everywhere we go. Everyone is honking at us, continuously, since we have left Europe. We can never find a service station anywhere we go. We are totally lost and it is hard these days, driving a car all the way to another continent.read more
Instagram DAILY UPDATES
As some of you might have seen on Instagram, we were asked to act in a Pakistani commercial. A Pakistani commercial? Indeed! It was a funny and good experience and it shows of in the video, but you might be wondering how we ended up there, so let me tell you that first.read more